“Now this is the story all about how
My life got flipped, turned upside down
And I’d like to take a minute just sit right there
I’ll tell you how I became the prince of a town called Bel-Air…”
Oops, just kidding. Got a little carried away there!
Anyway, this is the first of a series of (hopefully) many roommate horror stories, something we’ve all been through or have heard about from friends. Let’s start by breaking down the worst roommates by category:
1. The smelly/dirty/messy ones. Self explanatory.
2. These can walk the walk, and talk the talk… especially in their sleep!
3. Intense gamers. Just hope you’re not in the room when the relationship with their cyber bf/gf passes the next checkpoint.
4. The loud phone talkers. Your mom may want to know what you had on your toast this morning, but I certainly don’t! Eavesdroppers- you’re not off the hook, either.
5. THIEFS! And mooches…
6. Lovebirds are cute ❤ ❤ but I’d appreciate if your significant other didn’t put the milk carton(s) back in the fridge after finishing them.
7. Weird poster kid. Hello, kitty!
8. The drunk eater… I guess you could do worse than waking up with a pizza box in your bed, but stay away from my leftovers!
9. No fun allowed! Does having a couple friends over on a weeknight to watch some quality reality TV *REALLY* count as a party?
10. What did I miss? Leave us a comment!
In “Nightmare on College St – Part I” we’ll go into more detail and provide some classic examples on a few of the aforementioned. Stay tuned!